Monday, March 5, 2012

Nature Paragraph: Thoughts and Connections


   2/20/11

    When I think of nature I don’t think of trees and being submerged in the wilderness by myself as most people seem to. Instead I think of enjoying it as it comes weather negative or positive. When I’m walking on my way to class and feel obligated to stop and observe the sky or a deer passing by I think it’s magical. Often I’ll be walking along the cement sidewalk listening to my ipod when these moments occur. This is what makes it even more special…..it’s unexpected and forces me out of my man made world for a moment to appreciate it.
     Occasionally when I do feel a desire to be submerged in nature I don’t want to take the traditional hike or climb. I want to be on the water. During the summer my favorite place to be is out on a small motorized boat off a quiet coast of Lake Michigan. I like to go far enough to not hear the sounds of car’s or people’s voices being carried, but close enough to observe the coast. Personally I don’t feel the need to eliminate all technology to appreciate nature.
        When I think of nature I think of it’s beauty even through destruction. Over the summer I watched as a red and white lightening rolled in over the water towards my town. With high speed winds and harsh rainfall it storm caused damage to our town, but I still loved watching how beautiful it was despite the destruction. Overall nature is unpredictable with it’s changing moods and surprises yet constant with it’s cycles. To me this is what makes is so exciting, interesting, and intriguing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment